classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Using POST with HTTP Services

don_m
This post was updated on .
I was successful in connecting to a service and transfering data there using POSTMAN. I am unable to reproduce this in HTTP Services. Using POSTMAN I was able to do it by setting it to Raw and JSON. I am wondering how to encode this in the Request Body field that appears aftering setting the Method to POST. When I run the following I get "No headers received" as a message in Test. See the second image below for the error message. In the third image there is more detail. In Raw in POSTMAN I found that this error resulted from incorrect quotation mark types, but I do not see how to deal with that in this format. I am hoping the developers will weigh in. EDIT: I got this working by setting Serialization to HTML Form (which didn't work from POSTMAN).

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Using POST with HTTP Services

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Don,

Sorry for the late answer, and I'm glad sending the data in the HTML form format worked. If JSON worked for you with Postman, I imagine that your service supports both the HTML form format and JSON, but somehow the JSON you were sending from Orbeon Forms wasn't want the service expected.

-Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet