2 messages Options
hfw
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Orbeon, MySQL and CentOS

hfw
Hi all,

we have been trying for a few days now, but with no luck. We would like to get Orbeon work on a CentOS 7 (final) machine. We've got Tomcat 8.5 installed an MariaDB103 and ofcourse latest Orbeon CE edition.

Everything is in place and we can work with it using the default Exist database, however we want to use MariaDB, and we seem to fail in every attempt. I even lost a bunch of forms from Exist when playing around with the .xml files (error 500).

We followed virtually every trick in the book (Docs, mailing lists, Internet) but no luck, it ALWAYS defaults to Exist, again despite all our adjustments in the various .xml files, re-checking permission etc etc. Even the log files do not tell us anything other then default startup messages of Tomcat, MariaDB etc. (We even tried Postgress with same result, nothing)

Is there a good resource we can study or a complete working example please? Or can somebody provide a working example? That would help very much! Likely we are overlooking a key essential thing.

Not of your concern but I am running out of time in showing the added value of Orbeon and ease of use.

Thanks in advance!
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Orbeon, MySQL and CentOS

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Hsing-Foo,

Have you set the property below in your `properties-local.xml`? If so, when saving, say, from Form Builder, it should either save in your MariaDB if everything else is setup properly, or you should get an error (generic in the UI, more detailed in the `orbeon.log`).

<property as="xs:string"  name="oxf.fr.persistence.provider.*.*.*" value="mysql"/>

If with this property in place data is still saved in eXist, you might add it to the wrong place. Check your `properties-local.xml`, maybe add a syntax error there and reload Orbeon Forms to check you get an error (if not, you're not modifying the right file in the right location).

I hope this helps, and you'll let us know if you're getting any error you need help with.

-Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet