classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
3 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Oracle 19 support

igor
Hi,
I try to connect to Oracle 19 but I have no luck so far.
I am using:
Orbeon 2018.2.3
Tomcat
Oracle 19

I put ojdbc8.jar under lib path.

The error I've got:

03-Aug-2021 12:46:56.219 SEVERE [http-nio-6080-exec-2] org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.ConnectionPool.init Unable to create initial connections of pool.
 java.sql.SQLException: Unable to load class: oracle.jdbc.OracleDriver from ClassLoader:java.net.URLClassLoader@3af49f1c;ClassLoader:WebappClassLoader
  context: forms
  delegate: false
----------> Parent Classloader:
java.net.URLClassLoader@3af49f1c

at org.apache.tomcat.jdbc.pool.PooledConnection.connectUsingDriver(PooledConnection.java:280)

When I use older lib (ojdbc6) it is connecting to Oracle 19 and it works.

So my question is:
Does Orbeon 2018.2 support Oracle 19? If it does should I add something more than "ojdbc.jar" into that lib directory?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Oracle 19 support

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
Hi,

I don't think we have tested with Oracle 19 specifically but I believe that Oracle 19 is essentially compatible with Oracle 12. In which case, things should work from the Orbeon Forms side.

It's unclear to me now whether Oracle officially supports ojdbc6.jar with Oracle 19. Unofficially, if it works, then great. But I understand that Oracle recommends ojdbc8.jar at this point.

What version of Tomcat and Java are you using?

-Erik
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Oracle 19 support

igor
Firstable you are right. I have tried to run it using ojdbc6 and it seems to be working. I could add forms and I could see list of forms but like you noticed it would be good to update it to the version that officially supports Oracle 19.

I am using Java 8 and Tomcat 8.0.36.