pdf button does not display in the form in viewing mode since upgrading to version 2017.1.

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

pdf button does not display in the form in viewing mode since upgrading to version 2017.1.

dsanky
Hi,
We have recently upgraded from version 2016.3.201612230117-PE to 2017.1.201706222319-PE. Since then the pdf button does not show anymore when viewing the form.
The following screenshot illustrates the situation before the upgrade (version: 2016.3.201612230117-PE)

Here is the situation after the upgrade (version: 2017.1.201706222319-PE)

This is how we invoke the pdf button in our properties-local.xml:

<property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.resource.CPF.*.en.buttons.pdf" value="Print"/>
<property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.detail.buttons.view.CPF.*" value="edit pdf"/>
<property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.detail.button.pdf.visible.*.*" />

Would you please have a look?

Thanks in advance.
Disanka
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: pdf button does not display in the form in viewing mode since upgrading to version 2017.1.

dsanky
Just an update about how we invoke pdf button in our properties-local.xml:

<property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.resource.CPF.*.en.buttons.pdf" value="Print"/>
<property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.detail.buttons.view.CPF.*" value="edit pdf"/>
<property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.detail.button.pdf.visible.*.*">
           xxf:get-request-parameter('print')="true"
</property>

Also it is important to note that we have not change anything in properties-local.xml before upgrading to version 2017.1.201706222319-PE

Thanks.
Disanka

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: pdf button does not display in the form in viewing mode since upgrading to version 2017.1.

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
Disanka,

Does the button show if you remove completely the `oxf.fr.detail.button.pdf.visible` property?

-Erik
Reply | Threaded
|

dsanky

No Erik,

Removing completely the property does not make the pdf button appear:

In fact, this is one of the first things that I tried before thinking of downgrading to version 2016.3.

Disanka.
PS: Interestingly enough, the pdf button does appear in the form builder when I add it as in here:
 <property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.detail.buttons.orbeon.builder" value="pdf cancel test publish" />
    <!--  <property as="xs:string" name="oxf.fr.detail.button.pdf.visible.*.*">
        xxf:get-request-parameter('print')="true"
    </property> -->

From: Erik Bruchez [via Orbeon Forms community mailing list] <ml+[hidden email]>
Sent: Wednesday, 2 August 2017 4:23:13 AM
To: Disanka Malu
Subject: Re: pdf button does not display in the form in viewing mode since upgrading to version 2017.1.

Disanka,

Does the button show if you remove completely the `oxf.fr.detail.button.pdf.visible` property?

-Erik

To unsubscribe from pdf button does not display in the form in viewing mode since upgrading to version 2017.1., click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
This is puzzling. It does work in some cases at least, that's for sure!

Just to rule out something funny with the properties, what if you specify the form name directly in the property, like:

<property
  as="xs:string"
  name="oxf.fr.detail.buttons.view.CPF.MY_FORM_NAME"
  value="edit pdf"/>

where `MY_FORM_NAME` is the specific name of the form you are trying?
Reply | Threaded
|

dsanky

Hi Erik,

We find out what the problem was. Essentially, we had, in the past, overwritten the following css class: .orbeon .fr-buttons .fr-pdf-button and add the following: display: none;. We did this in order to address a specific use case in which we wanted to hide the pdf button.

In version 2016.3, this css class was never invoked in the eForm viewing mode but in version 2017.1 it is. We have decided to remove it for now and the pdf button now appears.

Thanks for your help, it was much appreciated.

Regards,

Disanka

From: Erik Bruchez [via Orbeon Forms community mailing list] <ml+[hidden email]>
Sent: Thursday, 3 August 2017 3:17:43 AM
To: Disanka Malu
Subject: Re: pdf button does not display in the form in viewing mode since upgrading to version 2017.1.

This is puzzling. It does work in some cases at least, that's for sure!

Just to rule out something funny with the properties, what if you specify the form name directly in the property, like:

<property
  as="xs:string"
  name="oxf.fr.detail.buttons.view.CPF.MY_FORM_NAME"
  value="edit pdf"/>

where `MY_FORM_NAME` is the specific name of the form you are trying?

To unsubscribe from pdf button does not display in the form in viewing mode since upgrading to version 2017.1., click here.
NAML
Reply | Threaded
|

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
Disanka,

Good, I am glad it ended up being a small thing!

-Erik