duplicate bind sections in Orbeon 3.9 forms

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

duplicate bind sections in Orbeon 3.9 forms

bwallis42
We have found some forms on customer sites that have the following for section binds

<xforms:bind id="section-5-bind" nodeset="section-5">

When these are edited with the form builder we get a duplicate bind section with the following.

<xforms:bind id="section-5-bind" name="section-5" nodeset="section-5">

If I merge the two bind sections the form works OK. If, prior to editing I add "name=..." to the existing bind then the edit doesn't insert a second section bind.

I had a bit of a search and found this http://discuss.orbeon.com/Template-Error-quot-Duplicate-id-for-XForms-element-section-1-component-quot-td3492014.html and this https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/commit/6df1f8f377372b1257269765c889669ec2c3e1b3 that seem to be related to this problem but that commit is in our current version of orbeon which is 3.9.0. These forms may have been created quite a long time ago when the customers had version 3.8.

Is this a known issue and is there a way I can avoid having to edit the form source to add the name attributes prior to the customer editing the forms (or fixing the forms after the edit).

thanks
brian...
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: duplicate bind sections in Orbeon 3.9 forms

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Brian,

You're saying that you get this problem when opening in 3.9 forms created in 3.8? If that's the case, I honestly don't remember, as 3.9 is so old (it was released on May 15, 2011, which is 5 years ago!). But if you're getting this opening those forms with a recent release (say 2016.1), then even if the forms are "old", we should be able to upgrade them, and if not, we'd be interested in an example of such a form, so we can improve the upgrade procedure.

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

bwallis42

> On 13 May 2016, at 8:08 AM, Alessandro Vernet [via Orbeon Forms community mailing list] <[hidden email]> wrote:
>
> Hi Brian,
>
> You're saying that you get this problem when opening in 3.9 forms created in 3.8? If that's the case, I honestly don't remember, as 3.9 is so old (it was released on May 15, 2011, which is 5 years ago!). But if you're getting this opening those forms with a recent release (say 2016.1), then even if the forms are "old", we should be able to upgrade them, and if not, we'd be interested in an example of such a form, so we can improve the upgrade procedure.

Thanks.

The problem is occurring in production with 3.9 for forms that I think were created in 3.8. I have yet to try one in 4.10 or later but will give it a go and see what gives.

I wasn’t expecting a fix for the 3.9 issue just wondering what people might remember about the problem and if there was a reasonable workaround. I may just write an xsl script to fix the templates on the fly, we can reasonably easily slip this into our persistence layer.

brian…

EMAIL DISCLAIMER This email message and its attachments are confidential and may also contain copyright or privileged material. If you are not the intended recipient, you may not forward the email or disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this email message in error, please advise the sender immediately by replying to this email and delete the message and any associated attachments. Any views, opinions, conclusions, advice or statements expressed in this email message are those of the individual sender and should not be relied upon as the considered view, opinion, conclusions, advice or statement of this company except where the sender expressly, and with authority, states them to be the considered view, opinion, conclusions, advice or statement of this company. Every care is taken but we recommend that you scan any attachments for viruses.
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Brian,

Got it, and sorry, but this doesn't really ring a bell. Sorry I couldn't be more useful on this one.

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet