Tomcat 8 Support

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Tomcat 8 Support

Aaron Spike
Are there any plans to officially support Tomcat 8?

As I search the forums, I see a few posts about errors with Tomcat 8 that were resolved by switching to Tomcat 7. Our OS vendor now supports Tomcat 8 in current and future releases. As we look to upgrade our Orbeon installation, we were hoping to stay current with the OS. Any idea as to the reason for the incompatibility?

Aaron

This electronic communication, including any attached documents, may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information that is intended only for use by the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication and any attachments. Views expressed by the author do not necessarily represent those of Martin Luther College.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Tomcat 8 Support

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Aaron,

Have you seen any problem with Tomcat 8? As far as I know Tomcat 8 works great, and I am in fact using Tomcat 8 locally for development.

Alex

On Thu, Sep 22, 2016 at 7:55 AM, Aaron Spike <[hidden email]> wrote:
Are there any plans to officially support Tomcat 8?

As I search the forums, I see a few posts about errors with Tomcat 8 that were resolved by switching to Tomcat 7. Our OS vendor now supports Tomcat 8 in current and future releases. As we look to upgrade our Orbeon installation, we were hoping to stay current with the OS. Any idea as to the reason for the incompatibility?

Aaron

This electronic communication, including any attached documents, may contain confidential and/or legally privileged information that is intended only for use by the recipient(s) named above. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately and delete the communication and any attachments. Views expressed by the author do not necessarily represent those of Martin Luther College.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].

--
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

Aaron Spike
Excellent. We'll give it a whirl. I was holding back because the requirements list only Tomcat 7 and I didn't want to have to ask for help with problems caused by not following the advice of the documentation.

Aaron

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Aaron Spike
In particular, this is the section of the docs that prompted my question:

https://doc.orbeon.com/installation/tomcat.html

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Aaron,

Yes, after seeing your message yesterday we noticed this as well, and will fix this in the doc so the next release is "officially supported" on Tomcat 8. But really, I wouldn't expect any problem with 2016.2 on Tomcat 8, and not listing it as supported was an oversight on our side. So, thank you for bringing our attention to it!

Alex

On Tue, Sep 27, 2016 at 11:02 AM, Aaron Spike <[hidden email]> wrote:
In particular, this is the section of the docs that prompted my question:

https://doc.orbeon.com/installation/tomcat.html

--

--
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet