classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Saving the print pdf to specified folder

kotharv
Hello

Orbeon forms 3.9,  I used the print button from tool box, when i click the button it throws the below error

Type
class org.orbeon.oxf.xforms.submission.XFormsSubmissionException

(processing submission response): xforms:submission for submission id: generate-pdf, error code received when submitting instance: 404 null, line -1, column -1: xforms:submission for submission id: generate-pdf, error code received when submitting instance: 404

Line

Column
================================================================
my scenario is i need to automatically save the print preview pdf to a specified folder

Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Saving the print pdf to specified folder

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Vijay,

This is going to be really hard to debug for us with 3.9. So, even if you can't upgrade right now, if you would like to get some input here, I'd recommend try to create a minimal that reproduces this issue with 2016.3, and attach it to a response here.

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

kotharv
Hello Alex,

I attached the sample form source,print_test.xml

I would like to understand the print letter button functionality.

my requirement is the print preview pdf has to be captured to some specified path, by looking at some of the documentation i understand the print feature is automatically supplied? am i right?

if so, how can i retrieve the generated pdf?

Regards,
Vijay
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Vijay,

When would you want the PDF to be generated? Typically, this is done either when the form is submitted, using the `send()` action [1], or in case you want users who filled out the form to be able to access the PDF, either through a PDF button at the bottom of the form, or by sending the PDF to users by email [2]. Would one of those techniques work for you?

[1] https://doc.orbeon.com/form-runner/advanced/buttons-and-processes/actions-form-runner-send.html
[2] https://doc.orbeon.com/form-builder/pdf-production.html

Alex
--
Reply | Threaded
|

kotharv
hello Alex,

are these options to be set at properties.xml or can we use with in the form builder?

more precise my option is, when you click a print button, one copy should be sent to FTP and its should also give chance to print as document.

regards,
Vijay
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Vijay,

This is setup in the `properties-local.xml`. And there is no support for sending the PDF to an FTP server; however you can sent the PDF to a REST service you implement, and have that service store the PDF in your FTP server, or wherever you might want it to go.

Alex
--