classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Request timeout in Orbeon

sang
Hi,

We've created a huge form with Orbeon, but when we try to reach a section, the page loads for a long time, then return an error "org.orbeon.oxf.common.OXFException: Your session has expired. Please reload the current page. Note that you will lose any unsaved changes. [...]".

Is there a query timeout configured somewhere in Orbeon Forms ?

Thank you.

Best regards.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Request timeout in Orbeon

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi,

It is possible that your session hasn't truly expired, but that this error is a symptom of another underlying problem. What version of Orbeon Forms are you using? Are you getting this error as well with a smaller form? Would you be able to share with us steps on how to reproduce the issue, and maybe share with us the source of a form we can use for that purpose?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

sang
We're using version 3.7. I know it's old.

Our form template has options to dynamically repeat sections, and this one has more than 700.
We don't get this error with smaller forms, as the query is always treated and returned in appropriate time.

The source of the form won't really help you, as it's more an issue with multiple processes in background.
So basically, we have the form, we click on 'Next', it loads for a long time (which is correct) while we process, validate and transform data. But then it doesn't give control back, and displays an Orbeon exception instead.

We already increased our server and proxy timeout in the past.

Regards.
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Indeed, 3.7 is *very* old: I see 3.7.1 was released in 2009. After how long are you getting this timeout error? "Who" returns the error (Tomcat, a proxy…)? Would upgrading to a more a more recent version of Orbeon Forms be at all an option for you?

Alex
--
Reply | Threaded
|

sang
The timeout occurs after around 10 minutes, and the error is returned by Tomcat.
We had proxy timeout in the past, that's why we increased both of them (server and proxy) to 20 minutes.
We can't upgrade either.

So there isn't a configuration somewhere that we would have missed ? Does it exist in current Orbeon version ?
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
No, I can't think of any other setting. Can you share a screenshot with us of what the "timeout occurring" looks like from a user's perspective? Do you have any related information showing in the `orbeon.log` when that happens? And are you saying that the user actually waited 10 minutes before the timeout happens, which if that is the case seems quite long to me?

Alex
--