classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Repeating Table Within Repeating Table

Erik ter Elst
Hi,

I'm developing a form with which I'll be asking suppliers if there are forbidden substances in their products. They need to be able to insert X parts and Y substances per part.

This means I need a repeating table, to be able to insert new parts. But I also need a repeating table to input Y substances for each part. So a repeating table within a repeating table. This is possible in MS Infopath. Is it also possible in Orbeon?

Thanks!

Kind regards,
Erik ter Elst
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Repeating Table Within Repeating Table

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Erik,

You can't create a repeated grid inside a repeated grid with Form Builder (and more generally with Form Builder can't have a grid within a grid), but you can handle the scenario you mentioned with repeated sections. Create a repeated section for the "parts", and inside that section either another repeated section or a repeated grid for the "substances". Would that work for you?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Repeating Table Within Repeating Table

Erik ter Elst

Hi Alex,

That solves it for me, thanks!

With kind regards,

Erik ter Elst
Business Process Expert | Procurement Processes & Systems

+31 77 359 3768

From: Alessandro Vernet [via Orbeon Forms community mailing list] [mailto:ml-node+[hidden email]]
Sent: vrijdag 21 oktober 2016 20:28
To: Elst, Erik ter
Subject: Re: Repeating Table Within Repeating Table

Hi Erik,

You can't create a repeated grid inside a repeated grid with Form Builder (and more generally with Form Builder can't have a grid within a grid), but you can handle the scenario you mentioned with repeated sections. Create a repeated section for the "parts", and inside that section either another repeated section or a repeated grid for the "substances". Would that work for you?

Alex

--

If you reply to this email, your message will be added to the discussion below:

http://discuss.orbeon.com/Repeating-Table-Within-Repeating-Table-tp4661883p4661884.html

To unsubscribe from Repeating Table Within Repeating Table, click here.
NAML

This message and attachment(s) are intended solely for use by the addressee and may contain information that is privileged, confidential or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient or agent thereof responsible for delivering this message to the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication is strictly prohibited. If you have received this communication in error, please notify the sender immediately by telephone and with a 'reply' message. Thank you for your co-operation.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Repeating Table Within Repeating Table

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Erik, excellent, and thanks for confirming using repeated sections works for you in this case.

Alex
--