classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Repeating Grids Flat View - MS SQL

Eusebio
Hi,

Does anyone know if https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/1069 will be fixed any time soon?

We have a form which has a repeating grid, we can do it separately but it doesn't look very neat as the CSS and things don't play as nicely with the objects so tightly packed, the repeating grid solves this for us.

The issue we have is that we utilise the automated flat-view in MS SQL to connect an Excel to the SQL data-source. This works great for everything except the repeating grid.

I can add bits to the view so that I can get the first iteration into the view output but I can't get it to do the next iterations, essentially as they have the same name in the xml so it only chooses the first ones.

For the same form we use a PDF template and we can insert the additional rows from the repeating grid into the template using:- 'section$grid$control$1' and 'section$grid$control$2' then so on.

Is there anything that can be done for the view in the same way as the PDF?

Thanks,

Eusebio
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Repeating Grids Flat View - MS SQL

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Eusebio,

Implementing this RFE isn't part of our short-term plan, and since this isn't trivial to do, it will most likley happen when we have a customer who decides to sponsor this development, typically using hours from their Dev Support (http://www.orbeon.com/services).

Doing "as done as for the PDF" would entail having one column per field in each row. Say you have a repeat for "children", and one of the fields is "First name", you'd need to have columns first_name1, first_name2, first_name3, etc. But in general, you wouldn't know how many of those to generate as the repeat can be unbounded. A better way is to have a "subtable", but this is also more complicated.

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

Eusebio
Hi,

Okay thank you.

I will assess if it is something that we might want developing. Are you able to estimate how long it would take to do?

Thanks,

Eusebio
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Eusebio,

Very roughtly, I would say 1 to 2 man-weeks.

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet