classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Registration / Authentication system for Forms

Eusebio Echevarria
Hi, 

I've been playing with Orbeon PE and from a forms point of view it does everything we need it to do and more. The form wizard layout and the putting of data into a PDF template once complete is excellent, I haven't found any other form product that comes close, especially with repeating rows and complex validations. 

Now I need to link it to a front end which will handle user registrations, standard authentication and authorization etc. 

I have explored using Liferay portal, there are issues with Liferay 7 and latest Orbeon which there is a bug ticket for, either way though, it seems a bit clunky for just user management. 

Does anyone have any examples of front ends they have used, or anything which can act as a gui to handle the tomcat user system?

I saw one topic related to this from 2010 but there were no answers or suggestions given. 

Thanks, 

Eusebio

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Registration / Authentication system for Forms

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
Eusebio,

> I've been playing with Orbeon PE and from a forms point of view it does everything we need it to do and more. The form wizard layout and the putting of data into a PDF template once complete is excellent, I haven't found any other form product that comes close, especially with repeating rows and complex validations.

Thanks for the positive feedback!

> I have explored using Liferay portal, there are issues with Liferay 7 and latest Orbeon which there is a bug ticket for, either way though, it seems a bit clunky for just user management.

I am not sure if it is clunky, although it can certainly look a bit heavy! But I have a feeling (which is not very scientific) that a number of Liferay users are primarily using it for user management! So still, that might be an option.

I recently found KeyCloak, by RedHat:

http://www.keycloak.org/

It seems to have a number of very interesting features, but we don't have experience with it yet.

-Erik
Reply | Threaded
|

Eusebio Echevarria
Hi Eric,

Thanks for the response. Heavy is a better description!

I'll check out Keycloak and report back.

Cheers

Eusebio

On 21 Sep 2016, at 05:56, Erik Bruchez <[hidden email]> wrote:

Eusebio,

I've been playing with Orbeon PE and from a forms point of view it does
everything we need it to do and more. The form wizard layout and the
putting of data into a PDF template once complete is excellent, I haven't
found any other form product that comes close, especially with repeating
rows and complex validations.

I have explored using Liferay portal, there are issues with Liferay 7 and
latest Orbeon which there is a bug ticket for, either way though, it seems
a bit clunky for just user management.

I am not sure if it is clunky, although it can certainly look a bit heavy!
But I have a feeling (which is not very scientific) that a number of Liferay
users are primarily using it for user management! So still, that might be an
option.

It seems to have a number of very interesting features, but we don't have
experience with it yet.

-Erik

--
View this message in context: http://discuss.orbeon.com/Registration-Authentication-system-for-Forms-tp4661779p4661788.html
Sent from the Orbeon Forms community mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/orbeon/yU8gh9ElgSU/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

Eusebio Echevarria
In reply to this post by Erik Bruchez
So...I am getting there. 

I have Keycloak installed on the same server and running on a different port. I've gone through a similar setup for a test Tomcat app using Keycloak as auth provider but it isn't kicking into action for some reason. Not sure if anyone else has had a play around with this yet. 

In terms of user registration and management, I've tested it all and that works perfectly, a new theme would be required but that looks straight forward. 

Steps taken so far:-

- Install fresh Tomcat - set roles for manager-gui and admin-gui
- Install fresh Orbeon - tested unauthenticated access
- Install fresh Keycloak (changed ports to not conflict)

- Copied the Tomcat dist jar dependencies into the /lib folder for Keycloak
- Created a context.xml in the /orbeon/META-INF folder and added 

<Context>
        <Valve className="org.keycloak.adapters.tomcat.KeycloakAuthenticatorValve" />
</Context>

- Uncommented the security settings in web.xml and set the auth provider to be KEYCLOAK
- Set a new realm, client and user in Keycloak app for testing
- Setup a new role called 'orbeon-user' in Keycloak and added the test user to this role
- Edited the local.properties.xml to include the new role information and to set the container to be in charge of the auth. 

I think there is something I am missing to push orbeon to send auth requests to Keycloak but currently I just get a 403 forbidden back from Tomcat. 

If anyone is interested in trying out I can send more detailed steps or where I am up to so far. 

Thanks, 

Eusebio

On 21 September 2016 at 05:56, Erik Bruchez <[hidden email]> wrote:
Eusebio,

> I've been playing with Orbeon PE and from a forms point of view it does
> everything we need it to do and more. The form wizard layout and the
> putting of data into a PDF template once complete is excellent, I haven't
> found any other form product that comes close, especially with repeating
> rows and complex validations.

> I have explored using Liferay portal, there are issues with Liferay 7 and
> latest Orbeon which there is a bug ticket for, either way though, it seems
> a bit clunky for just user management.

I am not sure if it is clunky, although it can certainly look a bit heavy!
But I have a feeling (which is not very scientific) that a number of Liferay
users are primarily using it for user management! So still, that might be an
option.

It seems to have a number of very interesting features, but we don't have
experience with it yet.

-Erik

--
View this message in context: http://discuss.orbeon.com/Registration-Authentication-system-for-Forms-tp4661779p4661788.html
Sent from the Orbeon Forms community mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this topic, visit https://groups.google.com/d/topic/orbeon/yU8gh9ElgSU/unsubscribe.
To unsubscribe from this group and all its topics, send an email to [hidden email].

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
Eusebio,

Cool, thanks for sharing. Hopefully it's just a small thing missing!

-Erik