Quantcast

Re: OPS 3.0 BETA Released

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: OPS 3.0 BETA Released

Eric van der Vlist
Hi Erik,

On mer, 2005-07-20 at 19:31 +0200, Erik Bruchez wrote:
> Dear list,
>
> It is a great pleasure to announce that OPS 3.0 BETA is out! Read the
> details at:
>
>    http://www.orbeon.com/blog/2005/07/19/ops-30-beta-released/
>
> It's a beta, but we encourage everybody to play with it and report
> issues, so we can have a rock-solid 3.0 final!

Great!

I have just downloaded and installed it to play with the new goodies!

I have noticed that in the  OPS BizDoc NG demo, the help message for the
first field seems to be displayed for all the fields (the version that
is online on your web site displays the same behavior).

Thanks,

Eric

PS : I am using Epiphany 1.6.1 on Ubuntu Hoary to browse these
examples.  

--
Tired of typing XML tags?
                                                       http://wikiml.org
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric van der Vlist       http://xmlfr.org            http://dyomedea.com
(ISO) RELAX NG   ISBN:0-596-00421-4 http://oreilly.com/catalog/relax
(W3C) XML Schema ISBN:0-596-00252-1 http://oreilly.com/catalog/xmlschema
------------------------------------------------------------------------




--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: OPS 3.0 BETA Released

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
Eric van der Vlist wrote:

>>It's a beta, but we encourage everybody to play with it and report
>>issues, so we can have a rock-solid 3.0 final!
>
>
> Great!
>
> I have just downloaded and installed it to play with the new goodies!
>
> I have noticed that in the  OPS BizDoc NG demo, the help message for the
> first field seems to be displayed for all the fields (the version that
> is online on your web site displays the same behavior).
Good catch! Will fix this for the final:

http://forge.objectweb.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=303827&group_id=168&atid=350207

> PS : I am using Epiphany 1.6.1 on Ubuntu Hoary to browse these
> examples.

Good to know that it works! We'll have to work on Opera and Safari
support at some point too.

-Erik



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: OPS 3.0 BETA Released

Eric van der Vlist
On jeu, 2005-07-28 at 14:00 -0700, Erik Bruchez wrote:

> Eric van der Vlist wrote:
>
> >>It's a beta, but we encourage everybody to play with it and report
> >>issues, so we can have a rock-solid 3.0 final!
> >
> >
> > Great!
> >
> > I have just downloaded and installed it to play with the new goodies!
> >
> > I have noticed that in the  OPS BizDoc NG demo, the help message for the
> > first field seems to be displayed for all the fields (the version that
> > is online on your web site displays the same behavior).
>
> Good catch! Will fix this for the final:
>
> http://forge.objectweb.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=303827&group_id=168&atid=350207
Thanks!

In the documentation, you are listing the following restrictions for 3.0
beta :

      * Initial generation of an XForms page may have poor performance.
       
      * xforms:upload is not yet implemented in the OPS 3.0 XForms
        engine. xforms:upload remains implemented when the legacy OPS
        2.8 compatibility mode is enabled.
       
      * Image and link appearances are not supported for the
        xforms:submit and xforms:trigger controls.
       
      * The xforms:message action is not implemented.
       
      * Not all the OPS examples have been updated to reflect the new
        XForms engine capabilities.
       
      * The OPS reference XForms documentation has not yet been updated
        to reflect all the changes in OPS 3.0. Please refer to the
        "XForms NG" examples for details.
       
      * The OPS reference XForms compliance matrix has not yet been
        updated to reflect all the changes in OPS 3.0.
       
      * Migration documentation from 2.8 to 3.0 is not complete yet.
       
      * The OPS Tutorial has not been updated for 3.0.
       
      * The OPS Blog example is not complete.
       
      * The Ajax-based XForms engine currently works with Mozilla
        Firefox and Microsoft Internet Explorer 6. Support for Opera and
        Safari is planned.
       
      * This release has only been tested with Tomcat.
       
      * The PDF version of the User Guide does not have page numbers.
       
Do you intend to fix all of them for the production release? (or, if
not, which ones do you plan to keep?)

> > PS : I am using Epiphany 1.6.1 on Ubuntu Hoary to browse these
> > examples.
>
> Good to know that it works!

Epiphany is based on Mozilla, so I would have been surprised if it
hadn't been working!

> We'll have to work on Opera and Safari support at some point too.

Yes.

Eric

--
Le premier annuaire des apiculteurs 100% XML!
                                                http://apiculteurs.info/
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Eric van der Vlist       http://xmlfr.org            http://dyomedea.com
(ISO) RELAX NG   ISBN:0-596-00421-4 http://oreilly.com/catalog/relax
(W3C) XML Schema ISBN:0-596-00252-1 http://oreilly.com/catalog/xmlschema
------------------------------------------------------------------------




--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: OPS 3.0 BETA Released

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
Eric van der Vlist wrote:

 > In the documentation, you are listing the following restrictions for 3.0
 > beta :

[...]

 > Do you intend to fix all of them for the production release? (or, if
 > not, which ones do you plan to keep?)

We hope so, but there is no guarantee of course. We are also working
on some other improvements. See this wiki page for details:

https://wiki.objectweb.org/ops/Wiki.jsp?page=DynamicXFormsFinal

-Erik




--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|  
Report Content as Inappropriate

Re: OPS 3.0 BETA Released

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
In reply to this post by Erik Bruchez
--- Erik Bruchez <[hidden email]> wrote:
> > I have noticed that in the  OPS BizDoc NG demo, the help message for
> > the first field seems to be displayed for all the fields (the
> > version that is online on your web site displays the same behavior).
>
> Good catch! Will fix this for the final:
>
>
http://forge.objectweb.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=303827&group_id=168&atid=350207

That's fixed now. The fix will be included in the next unstable build.

Alex

--
Blog (XML, Web apps, Open Source): http://www.orbeon.com/blog/



--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Loading...