classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
16 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Pipeline and Exception Problems

Ryan Puddephatt

Hi all,

I am trying to use the oxf:exception-catcher within a for-each processor and its giving me some trouble. The for-each processor contains three processors (a pipeline to do a call to tamino and a few XSLTs, the exception catcher, an XSLT to transform an exception if it occurs) This all works fine until I actually get an exception. It breaks off and gives me this exception, which isn’t caught! Line 55 is the start of the for-each (BTW I’m using OPS 3.0 Beta 4 Unstable 07-12-2005) Can anyone shed any light on the issue?

org.orbeon.oxf.common.ValidationException: oxf:/pages/checkAll/loadAll.xpl, line 55, column 97, description reading processor output: Current processor should be on top of the stack

Current processor should be on top of the stack

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.removeSelfAsParent(ProcessorImpl.java:503)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.executeChildren(ProcessorImpl.java:515)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor.access$100(PipelineProcessor.java:66)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor$1.readImpl(PipelineProcessor.java:94)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl$6.read(ProcessorImpl.java:981)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl$ProcessorOutputImpl.read(ProcessorImpl.java:1164)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.ForEachProcessor$1.readImpl(ForEachProcessor.java:144)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl$ProcessorOutputImpl.read(ProcessorImpl.java:1164)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.readInputAsSAX(ProcessorImpl.java:349)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.readInputAsSAX(ProcessorImpl.java:354)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.transformer.xslt.XSLTTransformer.access$600(XSLTTransformer.java:60)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.transformer.xslt.XSLTTransformer$1.readImpl(XSLTTransformer.java:193)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl$ProcessorOutputImpl$ConcreteProcessorFilter$ForwarderProcessorOutput.read(ProcessorImpl.java:935)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.readInputAsSAX(ProcessorImpl.java:349)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.readInputAsSAX(ProcessorImpl.java:354)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.DebugProcessor$1.readImpl(DebugProcessor.java:62)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl$ProcessorOutputImpl$ConcreteProcessorFilter.read(ProcessorImpl.java:959)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor.access$000(PipelineProcessor.java:66)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor$2.run(PipelineProcessor.java:96)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.executeChildren(ProcessorImpl.java:514)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor.access$100(PipelineProcessor.java:66)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor$1.readImpl(PipelineProcessor.java:94)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.IdentityProcessor$1.readImpl(IdentityProcessor.java:33)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor.access$000(PipelineProcessor.java:66)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor$2.run(PipelineProcessor.java:96)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.executeChildren(ProcessorImpl.java:514)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.choose.ConcreteChooseProcessor$1.readImpl(ConcreteChooseProcessor.java:122)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.IdentityProcessor$1.readImpl(IdentityProcessor.java:33)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor.access$1500(PipelineProcessor.java:66)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor$6.run(PipelineProcessor.java:572)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.executeParents(ProcessorImpl.java:529)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor.access$1600(PipelineProcessor.java:66)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor$InternalTopOutput.readImpl(PipelineProcessor.java:568)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.TeeProcessor.access$100(TeeProcessor.java:36)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.TeeProcessor$1.readImpl(TeeProcessor.java:57)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor.access$1500(PipelineProcessor.java:66)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor$6.run(PipelineProcessor.java:572)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.executeParents(ProcessorImpl.java:529)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor.access$1600(PipelineProcessor.java:66)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor$InternalTopOutput.readImpl(PipelineProcessor.java:568)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.transformer.xslt.XSLTTransformer.access$600(XSLTTransformer.java:60)

Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Pipeline and Exception Problems

Stephen Bayliss

Hi Ryan

There was a bug that I found that was fixed, I think after your build:

http://forge.objectweb.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=304365&group_id=168&atid=350207

If you still get trouble, post  your pipeline that contains the exception catcher, and showing what you’re doing with the output of the exception catcher – I managed to successfully implement it here so I can then compare yours with mine.

Steve

Sent: 30 January 2006 16:33
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [ops-users] Pipeline and Exception Problems

Hi all,

I am trying to use the oxf:exception-catcher within a for-each processor and its giving me some trouble. The for-each processor contains three processors (a pipeline to do a call to tamino and a few XSLTs, the exception catcher, an XSLT to transform an exception if it occurs) This all works fine until I actually get an exception. It breaks off and gives me this exception, which isn’t caught! Line 55 is the start of the for-each (BTW I’m using OPS 3.0 Beta 4 Unstable 07-12-2005) Can anyone shed any light on the issue?

org.orbeon.oxf.common.ValidationException: oxf:/pages/checkAll/loadAll.xpl, line 55, column 97, description reading processor output: Current processor should be on top of the stack

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.removeSelfAsParent(ProcessorImpl.java:503)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.executeChildren(ProcessorImpl.java:515)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.ForEachProcessor$1.readImpl(ForEachProcessor.java:144)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.transformer.xslt.XSLTTransformer$1.readImpl(XSLTTransformer.java:193)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl$ProcessorOutputImpl$ConcreteProcessorFilter$ForwarderProcessorOutput.read(ProcessorImpl.java:935)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl$ProcessorOutputImpl$ConcreteProcessorFilter.read(ProcessorImpl.java:959)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.choose.ConcreteChooseProcessor$1.readImpl(ConcreteChooseProcessor.java:122)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.TeeProcessor.access$100(TeeProcessor.java:36)

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.TeeProcessor$1.readImpl(TeeProcessor.java:57)

Threaded

|

Ryan Puddephatt

I would update, but I’m waiting on another fix, which appears after this version, Arrrrggh trapped! Eric/Alex, any ideas on when the nested repeat problem will be fixed? (http://forge.objectweb.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=304545&group_id=168&atid=350207) as I’m now stuck with a problem in this version or a problem in new version?

Thanks

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Sent: 30 January 2006 16:44
Subject: RE: [ops-users] Pipeline and Exception Problems

Hi Ryan

http://forge.objectweb.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=304365&group_id=168&atid=350207

If you still get trouble, post  your pipeline that contains the exception catcher, and showing what you’re doing with the output of the exception catcher – I managed to successfully implement it here so I can then compare yours with mine.

Steve

Hi all,

Threaded

|

Stephen Bayliss
In reply to this post by Ryan Puddephatt

Looking at my notes I was finding different (additional!) exceptions when looking at the output of the exception catcher, depending how I did it:

-          use <p:choose>, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.OXFException – No state in context

-          use some xslt to process the output, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.ValidationException – Current processor should be on top of the stack

I’m currently using xslt (after the bug fix) fine now, so that must be what was fixed; and as this is the exception you are getting I presume you are doing the same thing.

Steve

Sent: 30 January 2006 16:51

I would update, but I’m waiting on another fix, which appears after this version, Arrrrggh trapped! Eric/Alex, any ideas on when the nested repeat problem will be fixed? (http://forge.objectweb.org/tracker/index.php?func=detail&aid=304545&group_id=168&atid=350207) as I’m now stuck with a problem in this version or a problem in new version?

Thanks

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Hi Ryan

Steve

Hi all,

Reply | Threaded
|

Stephen Bayliss

Ryan

I think it was fixed on 10/12/2005.

I have still have copies of the Nightly Builds from 13th and 15th, so let me know if you want to give those a try.

Steve

Sent: 30 January 2006 17:12

Looking at my notes I was finding different (additional!) exceptions when looking at the output of the exception catcher, depending how I did it:

-          use <p:choose>, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.OXFException – No state in context

-          use some xslt to process the output, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.ValidationException – Current processor should be on top of the stack

I’m currently using xslt (after the bug fix) fine now, so that must be what was fixed; and as this is the exception you are getting I presume you are doing the same thing.

Steve

Thanks

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Hi Ryan

Steve

Hi all,

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor$2.run(PipelineProcessor.java:96)Threaded

|

Ryan Puddephatt
In reply to this post by Stephen Bayliss

Steve,

Seems pretty similar to what I’m doing, I don’t use a choose I just run the output of the exception through the XSLT processor and if the root element is exceptions I place an empty element, otherwise I copy the XML! The problem comes in this loop, but as I say I can’t move forward in OPS as this stops a lot of my forms working as there is a problem with client side nested repeats, so I’m currently stuck at the beginning of Decemeber, which was the latest stable build we had for our apps.

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

-       use <p:choose>, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.OXFException – No state in context

-       use some xslt to process the output, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.ValidationException – Current processor should be on top of the stack

Steve

Thanks

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Hi Ryan

Steve

Hi all,

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.IdentityProcessor$1.r

Reply | Threaded
|

Ryan Puddephatt
In reply to this post by Stephen Bayliss

Steve,

If you still have the ones from the 13th and 15th I’d like to try them, hopefully one will work

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Sent: 30 January 2006 17:27

Ryan

I have still have copies of the Nightly Builds from 13th and 15th, so let me know if you want to give those a try.

Steve

-       use <p:choose>, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.OXFException – No state in context

-       use some xslt to process the output, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.ValidationException – Current processor should be on top of the stack

Steve

Thanks

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Hi Ryan

Steve

Hi all,

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.pipeline.PipelineProcessor.access$100(PipelineProcessor.java:66)Threaded

|

Stephen Bayliss

No probs, they are each about 35MB, are you ok with emails that size?  (I’ll put each one in a separate email).

Steve

Sent: 30 January 2006 17:32

Steve,

If you still have the ones from the 13th and 15th I’d like to try them, hopefully one will work

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Ryan

Steve

Steve

Thanks

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Hi Ryan

Steve

Hi all,

&nbs

Reply | Threaded
|

Ryan Puddephatt

Steve,

I tried both builds, and they both solved the problem with the exception catcher, unfortunately they also both has the bug with client side generation of nested repeats. This narrows down the problem for Eric and Alex. Guys between the 8th and 13th of December something changed causing this problem, also using javascript to change values on the form only updates the instance in IE and not in Firefox. I have the nightly build on the 7th, where the nested repeats work (but the exception catcher doesn’t) and now I have steves copy of the nightly build from the 13th with the exception catcher problem fixed, but the nested repeats problem appearing. Neither of these builds have javascript working in Firefox.

Any ideas where we are on solving this problem?

Thanks guys

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Sent: 30 January 2006 17:37

No probs, they are each about 35MB, are you ok with emails that size?  (I’ll put each one in a separate email).

Steve

Steve,

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Ryan

Steve

-   use <p:choose>, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.OXFException – No state in context

-   use some xslt to process the output, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.ValidationException – Current processor should be on top of the stack

Steve

Thanks

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Hi Ryan

Steve

Hi all,

at org.orbeon.oxf.processor.ProcessorImpl.executeChildren(ProcessorImpl.java:515)Threaded

|

Ryan Puddephatt

Eric/Alex,

I’ve just tried the latest nightly build. Both problems still exist.

Hope this helps

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Sent: 31 January 2006 16:39

Steve,

I tried both builds, and they both solved the problem with the exception catcher, unfortunately they also both has the bug with client side generation of nested repeats. This narrows down the problem for Eric and Alex. Guys between the 8th and 13th of December something changed causing this problem, also using javascript to change values on the form only updates the instance in IE and not in Firefox. I have the nightly build on the 7th, where the nested repeats work (but the exception catcher doesn’t) and now I have steves copy of the nightly build from the 13th with the exception catcher problem fixed, but the nested repeats problem appearing. Neither of these builds have javascript working in Firefox.

Thanks guys

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Steve

Steve,

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Ryan

Steve

Steve

Thanks

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Reply | Threaded
|

Ryan Puddephatt

Guys,

I have noticed one problem with the latest build, on submitting a form with xs:date type binds it changes the field type to text and removes the calendar control.

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Sent: 31 January 2006 17:13

Eric/Alex,

I’ve just tried the latest nightly build. Both problems still exist.

Hope this helps

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Steve,

Thanks guys

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Steve

Steve,

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Ryan

Steve

Reply | Threaded
|

Stephen Bayliss

Ryan

It should be possible to identify the change in CVS that fixes the exception catcher problem, so you could just apply that change to the source for the version you have, and create your own build for now.  Unless of course it is the same change that introduces the other bug!

Steve

Steve,

Thanks guys

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Steve

Steve,

Thanks

Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Ryan

Steve

-   use <p:choose>, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.OXFException – No state in context

-   use some xslt to process the output, I was getting org.orbeon.oxf.common.ValidationException – Current processor should be on top of the stack

Steve

Thanks

Ryan Puddephatt

Web Developer

TFX Group

1 Michaelson Square

Livingston

West Lothian

Scotand

EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]

( 01506 407 110

7  01506 407 108

Hi Ryan

Threaded

|

Re: Pipeline and Exception Problems

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
On 1/31/06, Ryan Puddephatt <[hidden email]> wrote:
> I've just tried the latest nightly build. Both problems still
> exist.

You are saying that you still have the problem that give the "Current
processor should be on top of the stack" error message?

Alex
--
Blog (XML, Web apps, Open Source):
http://www.orbeon.com/blog/

--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
ObjectWeb mailing lists service home page: http://www.objectweb.org/wws
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Pipeline and Exception Problems

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
On 1/31/06, Ryan Puddephatt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>             I have noticed one problem with the latest build, on submitting
> a form with xs:date type binds it changes the field type to text and removes
> the calendar control.

Hi Ryan,

Do you have an example that runs in the sandbox and that shows this
problem so we can add a bug in the tracking system and/or fix it.

Alex

--
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

Ryan Puddephatt
Alex,
        This is fixed in newer versions.
Ryan Puddephatt
Software Engineer
TFX Group - IT UK
1 Michaelson Square
Livingston
West Lothian
Scotand
EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]
( 01506 407 110
7  01506 407 108

>-----Original Message-----
>From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Alessandro
>Vernet
>Sent: 10 February 2006 00:23
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: Re: [ops-users] Pipeline and Exception Problems
>
>On 1/31/06, Ryan Puddephatt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>             I have noticed one problem with the latest build, on
>submitting
>> a form with xs:date type binds it changes the field type to text and
>removes
>> the calendar control.
>
>Hi Ryan,
>
>Do you have an example that runs in the sandbox and that shows this
>problem so we can add a bug in the tracking system and/or fix it.
>
>Alex

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Ryan Puddephatt
Alex,
        Sorry only read the subject of the email and not the previous email
content, I have the unstable build from yesterday and it still doesn't work.
Although as I recall previously it always did it, not it seems to only do it
on our unix setup!

Thanks Ryan

Ryan Puddephatt
Software Engineer
TFX Group - IT UK
1 Michaelson Square
Livingston
West Lothian
Scotand
EH54 7DP

* [hidden email]
( 01506 407 110
7  01506 407 108

>-----Original Message-----
>From: Ryan Puddephatt [mailto:[hidden email]]
>Sent: 10 February 2006 09:26
>To: [hidden email]
>Subject: RE: [ops-users] Pipeline and Exception Problems
>
>Alex,
> This is fixed in newer versions.
>Ryan Puddephatt
>Software Engineer
>TFX Group - IT UK
>1 Michaelson Square
>Livingston
>West Lothian
>Scotand
>EH54 7DP
>
>* [hidden email]
>( 01506 407 110
>7  01506 407 108
>
>>-----Original Message-----
>>From: [hidden email] [mailto:[hidden email]] On Behalf Of Alessandro
>>Vernet
>>Sent: 10 February 2006 00:23
>>To: [hidden email]
>>Subject: Re: [ops-users] Pipeline and Exception Problems
>>
>>On 1/31/06, Ryan Puddephatt <[hidden email]> wrote:
>>>             I have noticed one problem with the latest build, on
>>submitting
>>> a form with xs:date type binds it changes the field type to text and
>>removes
>>> the calendar control.
>>
>>Hi Ryan,
>>
>>Do you have an example that runs in the sandbox and that shows this
>>problem so we can add a bug in the tracking system and/or fix it.
>>
>>Alex
>
>

--