classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Open Orbeon Forms from External source

RameshBhat
Hi,

If I have to open up a specific orbeon Form from an external source through Internet explorer or Chrome, what are the parameters I am required to pass.

Am I required to pass a specific document_id or UUId in the http get request?

Regards
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Open Orbeon Forms from External source

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Ramesh,

Yes, in the context of a form created with Form Builder, say named `myapp/myform`, users will go to `/fr/myapp/myform/new` to fill out a new instance of a form. When saved, a document id is assigned to that instance of the form data, and you'll need that document id to open the data, for instance, assuming the document id is 123, going to `/fr/myapp/myform/edit/123`. Does this make sense?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

RameshBhat
Hi,

Is it possible for me to pass some custom params to orbeon without passing it through request.query strings (since this could lead to expose of data through URL) and then open up a specific orbeon form with a specific document id?

eg:

Request:
http://localhost:8080/orbeon/fr/edit/UniqueDocumentID = ...... & language= .......

Could it be done by passing a WebRequest object and sending it as a get Request, passing uniquedocumentid and language as custom headers?

Regards
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Ramesh,

I don't know what a "WebRequest object" is, but you can pass information to a form using an HTTP header, which you set on the server, in a servlet filter or reverse proxy. This is safe, since the header won't be seen by the client. Then, in Form Builder, you can access it with the `xxf:get-request-header()` function. Is this something that could work for you?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet