classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

One tinymce js code and two config.js?

Zeder127
Hello,

In my form, I want to have two different tinymce editors with different toolbars. I have read that, tinymce toolbar could be configurated with a config.js. How could I get my customized editor reusing the actual tinymce editor? Thanks for any help.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: One tinymce js code and two config.js?

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi,

You can customize the TinyMCE used by Orbeon Forms by setting the TINYMCE_CUSTOM_CONFIG JavaScript variable; you'll find more on this in the Configuration section of the page linked below. Does this answer your question?

http://wiki.orbeon.com/forms/doc/developer-guide/xbl-components/tinymce

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

ahenket
I've seen a couple of references to the URL you mentioned, but that link does not work (anymore). I'm having a hard time finding where it lives today. Can you help?
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Alexander,

I'm sorry for all the trouble with the documentation. We've been working on consolidating and improving the documentation and its new home is: http://doc.orbeon.com/. If you go there, hit "f" (for "find" - or click on the magnifying glass icon at the top of every page), and type "tinymce", you'll see the relevant page on the left sidebar. And the direct link is:

http://doc.orbeon.com/form-runner/component/rich-text-editor.html

And bear with during that transition, and there are many broken links and other things that we need to fix in the documentation, and that we're aware of!

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

ahenket
Great. I've made progress. I now have TinyMCE sort of on par with RTE. Couple of places where I need advice:

1. I do not want an editor configured on a per form basis. I want every form from our server to use the same configuration. I could inject the TINYMCE_CUSTOM_CONFIG into every form, but what is the recommended way for what I want?

2. superscript and subscript do not turn up in the toolbar although they are supposed to be core. What could be the problem there?

3. I added 'image' to the list of plugins but with or without 'dceImage' in the toolbar: the widget does not load until I remove 'image' from the list. Is that missing from the Orbeon install?

4. We have a language selector in most of our forms. Format ll-CC, so I get the first part e.g. "en", or "nl" and use that as the editor language. is below "the way to do this" or are there alternatives (mind you I normally never write JavaScript.)

5. Spellchecker and remove format both turn up with a button without an icon. Bug?

6. Spellchecker does nothing as far as I can see. What is supposed to happen?

Environment: Orbeon 4.4. Current config:

<xhtml:script type="text/javascript">
            var lang = ORBEON.xforms.Document.getValue('language') ? ORBEON.xforms.Document.getValue('language').split('-')[0] : 'en';
            var TINYMCE_CUSTOM_CONFIG = {
            mode:                                   "exact",
            language:                               lang,
            skin:                                   "thebigreason",
            plugins:                                "spellchecker,style,table,save,iespell,paste,visualchars,nonbreaking,xhtmlxtras,template,fullscreen",
            theme_advanced_buttons1:                "bold,italic,underline,|,superscript,subscript,|,outdent,indent,bullist,numlist,|,removeformat,undo,redo,|,link,fullscreen,spellchecker",
            gecko_spellcheck:                       true,
            doctype:                                '<!DOCTYPE html PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD XHTML 1.0 Transitional//EN" "http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/DTD/xhtml1-transitional.dtd">',
            encoding:                               "xml",
            entity_encoding:                        "raw",
            forced_root_block:                      'div',
            remove_redundant_brs:                   true,
            verify_html:                            true,
            editor_css:                             "",      // don't let the editor load UI CSS because that fails in portlets
            };
        </xhtml:script>
Reply | Threaded
|

AGeertinger
Hi Alexander

ahenket wrote
2. superscript and subscript do not turn up in the toolbar although they are supposed to be core. What could be the problem there?
I ran into the same problem with superscript and subscript buttons missing. I appears that in the 'advanced' theme these buttons are named sup and sub, not superscript and subscript. That did the trick for me.
Reply | Threaded
|

ahenket
This post was updated on .
Weird inconsistency. I'm sure that is a bug, but you are right that sub/sup works. Thanks for the tip. 1 problem down, 5 to go :-)