Linking to places within a form

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
10 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Linking to places within a form

Erik ter Elst
I'm not much of an advanced user, so please bear with me.

I'm creating an Orbeon form, in which I'd like to link to certain sections within the form within the text.

How do I create a link to a specific section?
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Linking to places within a form

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Erik,

Are you saying that you'd like to link to a section with a URL, say if a section is named my-section, you could have a link to /fr/my-app/my-form/new#my-section?

Right now, this isn't possible because Orbeon Forms doesn't generate very "user-friendly" ids in the HTML sent to the browser, but it wouldn't necessarily be very hard to do. You'll let me know if this is indeed what you're looking for, or if I misunderstood your question.

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Linking to places within a form

Erik ter Elst
Hi Alessandro,

I don't really mind how. In the upper left there's a menu linking to several sections. These is the standard already built in Orbeon. If you click on a section name there, the section opens. I need to provide a link like that elsewhere, within the form itself. Like a button that opens a section and a button to go back to the other one.
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Linking to places within a form

Erik ter Elst
This post was updated on .
In reply to this post by Alessandro Vernet
Hi Alessandro,

I don't really mind how. In the upper left there's a menu linking to several sections. These is the standard already built in Orbeon. If you click on a section name there, the section opens. I need to provide a link like that elsewhere, within the form itself. Like a button that opens a section and a button to go back to the other one.

Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Erik,

Are you referring to the list of sections you have when using the wizard view? As shown in the screenshot on:

http://doc.orbeon.com/form-runner/feature/wizard-view.html

We have an RFE for this:

https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/2848

But is this indeed what you're looking for?

Alex
--
Reply | Threaded
|

Erik ter Elst
Hi Alessandro,

Yes, we're already using the wizard, as the form is large. Within the wizard, the sections are available at the push of a button. I need this same functionality at other places in the document, so a button/link that directly opens a section. -click this link to go directly to the instructions page-<dummy-link.eu>

I'm not sure what an RFE is or what the text behind your link means.

With kind regards,

Erik ter Elst
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Erik,

And RFE (request for enhancement) is a description of a feature currently not yet implemented in Orbeon Forms, but that could (or does!) make sense for the product.

And just one more question: would that button or link be inside the form, or outside of the form, on another web page?

Alex
--
Reply | Threaded
|

Erik ter Elst
Hi Alex,

The link would be inside the form. so it could be a relative link (if this is what that's called). So to go to the "Instructions" section, a link just linking to "#Instructions" would do the trick.

With kind regards,

Erik ter Elst
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Erik,

Got it, then we would really need to implement #2848 for this. I've added a +1 from you on the issue.

Alex
--
Reply | Threaded
|

Erik ter Elst
Ok, thanks!