Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Liferay AUI with Orbeon Forms

raju
Hi Sir ,

1.I have integrated the liferay 6.0.6 with orbeon forms 4.5CE fine
2.Forms are created fine in My SQL DB .
3.After dropped the portlet in liferay environment. In form builder row if i click on 'Control Settings' then diaolg box was open with tabs but when ever click on 'basic settings ' ,'validations and alerts','formulas','help message' tabs then corresponding tab was not opening what was the problems i am unable to find.
4.In mouse over also the file upload option was appearing within the field row

5.Is it right way integration with  liferay 6.0.6 with orbeon forms 4.5 CE  or else any dependency with jquery and liferay alloy UI ?

Please help me

Thanks,
RaaZ
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Liferay AUI with Orbeon Forms

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
Are you running Form Builder itself as a portlet within Liferay? This is not supported at the moment. We have done absolutely no work to make this work properly, so I am not surprised to hear that there are issues.

For now the best thing to do is to run Form Builder in a servlet environment only.

-Erik
Reply | Threaded
|

Orbeon Forms community mailing list mailing list
Hi Erick,
Thank you  for giving guidelines to move forward

Thanks,
Raju D

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

raju
In reply to this post by Erik Bruchez
Hi Erik,

Thanks for your reply.

Can you please suggest some kind of steps to us for making it achievable with Liferay, my clients needed it & they are excited about this also.

If it some thing like we need to do some development about integration then let us know so that we can help each other to finish it also.

Once again I would like to say is "It's very high priority to make it worthy".
Reply | Threaded
|

raju
In reply to this post by Erik Bruchez
Erik,

Is there any plan/release to run form builder part of Liferay.
Reply | Threaded
|

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
Raju,

Unfortunately I have to say that we don't have plans at this point to make Form Builder work within Liferay.

This said, I would hope that it would not be too hard, and be essentially a question of figuring out how to modify the CSS and possibly fix a few JavaScript issues (there might be some tricky ones). So it would not be a big project, but we already have a huge lot on our plate for 4.7, currently planned for September.

So I am not sure, even if the feature is sponsored, that we would be able to make it in the 4.7 timeframe. Maybe 4.8 would be more realistic, and that would be the end of the year. Still, please let us know privately if your customer is interested in sponsoring this.

-Erik
Reply | Threaded
|

raju
Hi Erik,

I came to know the reason for why tabs are not working in "Control Settings".
Prefix (For example ; oX) is getting added before each html element id attribute value & so it's unable to show exact div based on tab click.

To more:
There is an anchor tag with href as "#div1" & anchor tag 2 with href as "#div2". By default, div1 is opened.
When i click on anchor tag2 then it needs to open div2 & need to hide div1.

It's happening also when we orbeon individually but when we run inside liferay then it's having the issue with id attribute value of html elements getting changed so anchor tags unable to call properly so where can i disable/do something to stop appending prefix of id attribute value.
Reply | Threaded
|

Erik Bruchez
Administrator
Thanks for looking into it. I am not surprised to see these sorts of issues.

I have entered an RFE, although I am not sure we'll have time to look at this anytime soon:

https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/1764

-Erik