classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
7 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Issue during submission in safari browser

Lingesh_Palanivelu

Hi Team,

We are getting  null pointer exception during the form submission in SAFARI browser. However in other browsers(FF, Chrome and IE7,8) the functionality is working as expected.

Note:

I have implemented the form in noscript mode. And the process is failing during the below flow.

Flow:

1.       During form submission, we are executing one java file(enclosed in the attachments) using oxf:java processor for server side validation. This processor takes the instance of the form as an input.

I have enclosed the code as well, Please validate it.

And also in the another form, during the focus event on any of the fields I’m getting the below error. Even this is happening only in SAFARI.

Is there any solution to solve this browser specific issues? Please do the needful.

Thanks and Regards,

Lingesh P

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.

--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
OW2 mailing lists service home page: http://www.ow2.org/wws

ContactMetKPNNJS.zip (50K) Download Attachment
ColdFormValidation.java (12K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Issue during submission in safari browser

Lingesh_Palanivelu

Hi Team,

Any updates on the below query?

Regards,

Lingesh P

Sent: Wednesday, June 29, 2011 8:42 AM
To: [hidden email]
Subject: [ops-users] Issue during submission in safari browser

Hi Team,

We are getting  null pointer exception during the form submission in SAFARI browser. However in other browsers(FF, Chrome and IE7,8) the functionality is working as expected.

Note:

I have implemented the form in noscript mode. And the process is failing during the below flow.

Flow:

1.       During form submission, we are executing one java file(enclosed in the attachments) using oxf:java processor for server side validation. This processor takes the instance of the form as an input.

And also in the another form, during the focus event on any of the fields I’m getting the below error. Even this is happening only in SAFARI.

Is there any solution to solve this browser specific issues? Please do the needful.

Thanks and Regards,

Lingesh P

DISCLAIMER:
This email (including any attachments) is intended for the sole use of the intended recipient/s and may contain material that is CONFIDENTIAL AND PRIVATE COMPANY INFORMATION. Any review or reliance by others or copying or distribution or forwarding of any or all of the contents in this message is STRICTLY PROHIBITED. If you are not the intended recipient, please contact the sender by email and delete all copies; your cooperation in this regard is appreciated.

DISCLAIMER:

--
Reply | Threaded
|

Issue during submission in safari browser

Lingesh_Palanivelu
In reply to this post by Lingesh_Palanivelu

Hi Team,

Note:

Flow:

Thanks and Regards,

Lingesh P

DISCLAIMER:

--

message-footer.txt (352 bytes) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Issue during submission in safari browser

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
In reply to this post by Lingesh_Palanivelu
Hi Lingesh,

Could you copy paste the full exception (NPE) in a file, and attach it to your response? In particular, I'd like to see at what line that NPE happens in XFormsStateManager. Also, what version of Orbeon Forms are you using?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Issue during submission in safari browser

Lingesh_Palanivelu
Hi Alex,

I have attached the Complete Exception stack trace. And we are using the latest release (Orbeon Forms 3.9.0.201105152053 PE).

Please do the needful.

Regards,
Lingesh P.
Developer,
Mahindra Satyam.

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Friday, July 08, 2011 9:32 AM
Subject: [ops-users] Re: Issue during submission in safari browser

Hi Lingesh,

Could you copy paste the full exception (NPE) in a file, and attach it to your response? In particular, I'd like to see at what line that NPE happens in XFormsStateManager. Also, what version of Orbeon Forms are you using?

Alex

--
View this message in context: http://orbeon-forms-ops-users.24843.n4.nabble.com/Issue-during-submission-in-safari-browser-tp3631878p3653164.html
Sent from the Orbeon Forms (ops-users) mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

DISCLAIMER:

--

NPE.txt (27K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: Re: Issue during submission in safari browser

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Lingesh,

Somehow we end up in checkUUIDInSession() with session == null (http://goo.gl/IcTgo). This is not something I have seen in the past. Is this happening on Safari 5, or just an older version of Safari? If this happens on Safari 5, we can investigate this if you can give us a war with your code that we can use to reproduce this.

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

RE: RE: Re: Issue during submission in safari browser

Lingesh_Palanivelu
Hi Alex,

I'm facing the issue in Safari 5 as well. I'm using Orbeon Forms 3.9.0.201105152053 PE.

Shall I attach the entire orbeon folder or that particular application?

I have attached the application(ContactMetKPNNJS). Please revert back if you need the entire orbeon folder for analyzing the code.

Regards,
Lingesh P

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Saturday, July 16, 2011 7:51 AM
Subject: [ops-users] RE: Re: Issue during submission in safari browser

Hi Lingesh,

Somehow we end up in checkUUIDInSession() with session == null (http://goo.gl/IcTgo). This is not something I have seen in the past. Is this happening on Safari 5, or just an older version of Safari? If this happens on Safari 5, we can investigate this if you can give us a war with your code that we can use to reproduce this.

Alex

--
View this message in context: http://orbeon-forms-ops-users.24843.n4.nabble.com/Issue-during-submission-in-safari-browser-tp3631878p3671281.html
Sent from the Orbeon Forms (ops-users) mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

DISCLAIMER:

--

CustomProccesor.zip (68K) Download Attachment
ContactMetKPNNJS.zip (50K) Download Attachment