Is support for SAML on the Obreon roadmap?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Is support for SAML on the Obreon roadmap?

Jonathan Bartels
I'm evaluating Obreon for my employer. Our applications support single-sign-on via a SAML identity provider. Is support for SAML on the Obreon roadmap?

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Is support for SAML on the Obreon roadmap?

acspike
On Friday, January 16, 2015 at 4:42:03 PM UTC-6, Jonathan Bartels wrote:
> I'm evaluating Obreon for my employer. Our applications support single-sign-on via a SAML identity provider. Is support for SAML on the Obreon roadmap?

I can't speak for the devs, but my understanding is that authentication protocols happen outside of Orbeon. For example I'm using Orbeon with SAML via Jasig's CAS.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

ada.birkoff
Hello, any news on this? We are choosing forms engine for our customer and SAML2 is one of the main requirement.
Thx.
Adam
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Adam,

As mentioned by Aaron back in 2015, authentication, when needed, is handled before requests reach Orbeon Forms, either through some integration with the application server, or some other mechanism, like a servlet filter or reverse proxy redirecting users to a login page when necessary. For SAML 2.0, PicketLink (http://picketlink.org/) is widely used and well maintained, so maybe good place to get started if you don't already have another implementation in mind.

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

ada.birkoff
Hello Alex,
OK, now I've got it, it was stupid question :) Haven't read much about Orbeon project yet, but I really like it. Thank you for such a quick response, now it's time for some experiments.

Adam
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Not stupid at all Adam :). You'll let us know how your experiments go, and of course feel free to reach out if there is anything we can help with along the way.

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet