Image Annotation Control Problems

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
5 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Image Annotation Control Problems

bwallis42
Hi, I'm having some issues with the image annotation control.

First, it seems to be in the builder controls list twice

and has a duplicated control appearance in the basic settings

but my main issue is that it appears in the form as a deletable image. When I use a form with an annotatable image in it, as well as being able to annotate it I can delete the image and load a different one. If I set the control to readonly then I cannot delete the image but I also can no longer annotate it.

I want the image to be  a permanent part of the form definition, the user cannot delete/replace it, but I want it to be able to be annotated.

Is this possible?

thanks.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Image Annotation Control Problems

bwallis42
Forgot again to mention the version, it is 2016.3. I also did this on the demo system (form cpf/fred)
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Brian,

The Image Annotation showing twice in the sidebar was already fixed for 2017.1, but somehow we forgot to backport the fix to the 2016.3-pe branch. This is now done. So thanks for reminding us :).

https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/issues/3181

So you're saying that you'd like the image annotation to be "partially read-only", so users can't change the image, but can annotate the existing image. I'm afraid this isn't supported. And I'm not quite sure what the best way to implement this would be. Maybe this could be done with a per app/form property, allowing you to control what the meaning of "read-only" for an Image Annotation is? And we could imagine having a UI in Form Builder to override this property?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

bwallis42
Alessandro Vernet wrote
So you're saying that you'd like the image annotation to be "partially read-only", so users can't change the image, but can annotate the existing image. I'm afraid this isn't supported. And I'm not quite sure what the best way to implement this would be. Maybe this could be done with a per app/form property, allowing you to control what the meaning of "read-only" for an Image Annotation is? And we could imagine having a UI in Form Builder to override this property?
I was going to write that just having the app/form property would suffice as I only need the annotate a fixed (static) image but I've just had a meeting with customers this morning and it turns out that that would not be sufficient. Some need to be a permanent image in the form template that can just be annotated but others need to be uploadable images that can be annotated.

I really want this feature on a per image basis. I think a setting option in the control's Basic Settings tab that allows you to set the image to static or dynamic (i.e. permanent or replaceable). A static image can only be replaced from within the form builder whereas the dynamic one is replaceable by a user when editing the form.

thanks
brian...
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Brian,

I am thinking that a property a the level of the control should be doable by modifying the XBL of the control itself. If this is a priority for you, would you, or someone else on your side, be able to look into this?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet