IE10/IE11 Intermittent AJAX error: SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x4c7

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
6 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

IE10/IE11 Intermittent AJAX error: SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x4c7

nkvangip

In the form runner mode when the user is submitting/saving a form we are getting intermittent Ajax errors and all the data that has been entered is lost because the request is not reaching the server. The orbeon is running on jboss 6.1 instance. Can you please let us know what can be done to get past this issue.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: IE10/IE11 Intermittent AJAX error: SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x4c7

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Naveen,

This only happens with IE10/IE11, not Chrome, or you just didn't get to test this on another browser? You are saying this is intermittent, but can you still reproduce the issue? What version of Orbeon Forms is this with? And this is for a form created with Form Builder? What is the full URL for those Ajax requests (I can only see the beginning in those screenshots)?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: IE10/IE11 Intermittent AJAX error: SCRIPT7002: XMLHttpRequest: Network Error 0x4c7

nkvangip
This post was updated on .
Thanks for your quick response.  Initially i thought it was IE10/IE11 but we were also able to reproduce on Chrome and FF as well.  The version we are using is 2016.1 (latest).  Attached are few more screen shots with the more details about the calls for which we are getting Ajax errors.

Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Naveen,

The server answers with a 401, Unauthorized. Is it possible that the user's session has expired?

Alex
--
Reply | Threaded
|

nkvangip
This post was updated on .
Alex,

I don't have the security turned on and the default session timeout is 30 minutes. I took one more image and here it is complaining about no Access-Control-Allow-Origin in header?  The way the user lands on the orbeon form runner page is through another web application we host(the user clicks the href link).  But both the Orbeon forms and our web application are hosted on the same domain.  So not sure why it is complaining about the cross origin.  Attached is the error log

Thanks
Naveen
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Naveen,

It's most likely not Orbeon Forms that answers with a 401, but some authentication mechanism that you have in front of Orbeon Forms. (In fact, I don't think that Orbeon Forms ever answers 401 to Ajax requests. It only answers 401 to some requests for web pages to Form Runner.) So I would look at the request in more details, check logs on the server, and figure who answers with a 401.

Alex
--