How can i rendering a xml file from archive(D:/kiran/xml/....) using orbeon forms ?

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

How can i rendering a xml file from archive(D:/kiran/xml/....) using orbeon forms ?

Kiran Kumar

I have four columns in a table like   app,  document_id,  source_file,  date .

So source_file is the path location like  D:/kiran/xml/emp1.xml

Now how can i view emp1 data which is in my path location by using app,document_id data in Orbeon

Forms.

Please help me.

Thanks!
Kiran
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How can i rendering a xml file from archive(D:/kiran/xml/....) using orbeon forms ?

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Kiran,

I am not sure to follow you: what are you trying to do? What is this table you're talking about? Are you trying to implement the Form Runner persistence API?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: How can i rendering a xml file from archive(D:/kiran/xml/....) using orbeon forms ?

Kiran Kumar
Hi Alessandro,

I have a task like,No need to save data into a database but i have to view the information(data) from xml file which is in path location(E:\kiran\emp.xml).

(I have to retrieve the data from a custom table.)

First i have to hit the database,from there i have to take the path location by using form name and some id value.

Is this possible by orbeon.

Thanks for reply.

Thanks,
E Kiran Kumar.
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Kiran,

When users fill out forms, data is saved in a database. You can configure what database is used, but you can't, out-of-the-box, have Orbeon Forms save the files in "straight" XML files on disk. However, you could have Orbeon Forms save the data in a database, and whenever you need the XML as files, extract them from the database. Is this something that could work for you?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet