classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Generate PDF Document on Submission

kiskandar
Hi,

We're trying to create a form which on submission, generate a PDF representation of the filled in form and send it along with some metadata to a web service. Would this be possible in Orbeon 3.9.0 PE? I'm aware that the Orbeon Form Runner can generate a PDF document off a saved form, but I'm not sure if it can be done without saving the form first.

Kind regards
Kris
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Generate PDF Document on Submission

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Kris,

With 4.x, you can use the send(content = 'pdf-url') action in the process you run when the "Submit" button is pressed. For more on this, see:

But in 3.9, the buttons were *way* less configurable. I think you could configure the "send" button to send the PDF URL to your service *instead* of the data, by setting the oxf.fr.detail.send.pdf.*.* property to true.

Alex

On Tue, Apr 14, 2015 at 8:23 PM, kiskandar <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi,

We're trying to create a form which on submission, generate a PDF
representation of the filled in form and send it along with some metadata to
a web service. Would this be possible in Orbeon 3.9.0 PE? I'm aware that the
Orbeon Form Runner can generate a PDF document off a saved form, but I'm not
sure if it can be done without saving the form first.

Kind regards
Kris

--
View this message in context: http://discuss.orbeon.com/Generate-PDF-Document-on-Submission-tp4659807.html
Sent from the Orbeon Forms community mailing list mailing list archive at Nabble.com.

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet