Form Builder/Runner interface to PostgreSQL

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
2 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Form Builder/Runner interface to PostgreSQL

JeffL
We have been experimenting with an interface to PostgreSQL database in line with the Oracle/MySQL/DB2 interface pipelines.

We have the basics up and running (Form Builder and Form Runner) and are about to test the attachments.

Once this is done we will document the files and properties.

In keeping with the spirit of open source, we would like to contribute them for your own testing/do what ever you like with. Is this a feasible route and how to we send, or do we just post these artefacts on this forum?

Regards

P.S. We have been using 4.3 as a baseline.

Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Re: Form Builder/Runner interface to PostgreSQL

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Jeff,

Excellent. We're working on unifying the Oracle, MySQL, and DB2 persistence layers. Instead of having 3 separate directories, with lots of code duplicated, and some things implemented needlessly differently depending on the database, we now have 1 directory:

https://github.com/orbeon/orbeon-forms/tree/master/src/resources/apps/fr/persistence/relational

Right now the MySQL and DB2 have been unified, and I am in the process of merging in the Oracle differences, so we can get rid of the oracle directory as well. Ideally, you would merge in your changes for PostgreSQL, which I imagine should now be fairly minor since the SQL has been written to be mostly compatible across databases, with minor differences. Would this make sense?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet