classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Embed FormRunner in custom Portlet for Jetspeed

Jonathan Gurfinkel
Hello all,

Was wondering if anyone has done or has some insight into how to getting the FormRunner embedded in a custom Portlet JSP page and getting it to work (particularly for a Portlet deployed on Jetspeed 2).  I can get the embedding to work on a non Portlet JSP, but when attempting to execute the API within a portlet get the error "Orbeon Forms embedding filter is not configured".

Thankyou for your time.

J

--
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "Orbeon Forms" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to [hidden email].
To post to this group, send email to [hidden email].
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Embed FormRunner in custom Portlet for Jetspeed

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Jonathan,

Are you referring to using the Form Runner embedding API (https://doc.orbeon.com/form-runner/link-embed/java-api.html) from a portlet you wrote, and deployed in Jetspeed 2? Have you tried using the Liferay proxy or full portlet on Jetspeed 2, or would it not satisfy the requirements you have in mind?

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

jj1978
Hi Alessandro,

I've deployed the portlets into Jetspeed, maybe it's just me... but would like to have a custom portlet to decide on what actions to do on the form, depending on user.  Would like for a custom form selector on a user basis on which they could continue filling in an uncompleted form, or start a new form etc.  So my idea was to create a portlet with after form selected etc, a seperate portlet render view would trigger the API to do what was required.

What would be the best way to go with this idea.

Cheers
Jonathan
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Jonathan,

Are you saying that you managed to deploy the Liferay proxy or full portlet on Jetspeed 2?

When you're saying that you'd like to decide "what action to do depending on the user", what type "actions" are you referring to? Are you referring to actions performed after the data is submitted? What type of actions would you like to do? Depending on what you have in mind, it might be something you can do with a process:

https://doc.orbeon.com/form-runner/advanced/buttons-and-processes/

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet