Dynamic Instance - Possible???

classic Classic list List threaded Threaded
4 messages Options
Reply | Threaded
Open this post in threaded view
|

Dynamic Instance - Possible???

Vedha
Is it possible to dynamically create any number of instances when any XForms page is running?

I want something like "new Obejct() in java".

I am trying alternatives to fix our performance issue. Because of large instances insert, delete and rebuild are taking more time. Thinking about alternative to split the instances and maintain separate instance for every node in our application.
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Dynamic Instance - Possible???

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Vedha,

The set of instances in a given XForms page is static; you can't add instances after it has been loaded. However, you can have a "stuff" as much data as you want in a given instance, and have it contain many "sub-documents".

I think this might be related to your other message (linked below), where you describe some issues you're having with a very large instance. Reiterating what I mentioned there, is there any chance you could create an example that reproduces the issue, so we can investigate it? (Also, since we now have a private communication channel in place, feel free to use it if it is more convenient for you.)

http://discuss.orbeon.com/Performance-Tuning-when-handling-huge-instance-td4661988.html

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet
Reply | Threaded
|

Vedha
This post was updated on .
I like to understand the keyword you have used "sub-documents". Do you just mean xml sub elements or there is some concept like that? Possible for small sample?

FYI: I am working on sending you a good working sample. Shall send as soon as it is approved.
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro  Vernet
Administrator
Hi Vedha,

Yes, I meant "child elements". As in:

<my-root>
    <doc-1>…</doc-1>
    <doc-2>…</doc-2>
    …
</my-doc>

And I'm glad you are making progress on the sample form; this will be really helpful for us to make progress on the performance issue you're seeing.

Alex
--
Follow Orbeon on Twitter: @orbeon
Follow me on Twitter: @avernet