Open this post in threaded view
|

Calendar Issues

JeffL
There were issues documented last September time frame in regard to  
problems with YUI or JSCalendar. These appear to be an issue with the  
31st of the month.

Here is the example on the www.orbeon.com website.   Today (31st), if  
any date is filled in for september, the report back is October.

Regards

--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the [hidden email] mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:[hidden email]
For general help: mailto:[hidden email]?subject=help
OW2 mailing lists service home page: http://www.ow2.org/wws

screendump.png (54K) Download Attachment
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Calendar Issues

Xitrix_LV
We also found the same problem with the 31st day of any month.

I changed my PC local time to 31st August. (Also checked with other month's 31st date.)
In referenced instance item i inserted (date) --> 11.9.2009
When i open calendar i see that checked date is 11 October but current date is 31 August.

Please see the Image attached...

Regards.

JeffL wrote
There were issues documented last September time frame in regard to  
problems with YUI or JSCalendar. These appear to be an issue with the  
31st of the month.

Here is the example on the www.orbeon.com website.   Today (31st), if  
any date is filled in for september, the report back is October.

Regards

--
You receive this message as a subscriber of the ops-users@ow2.org mailing list.
To unsubscribe: mailto:ops-users-unsubscribe@ow2.org
For general help: mailto:sympa@ow2.org?subject=help
OW2 mailing lists service home page: http://www.ow2.org/wws
Reply | Threaded
|

venkata subrahmanyam
Hi All,
 We are using ops 3.7 downloaded in 2008 facing the calendar 31 issue. As per some threads found that it is solved later in nightly builds. We could not take entire orbeon.war to solve that issue as our code moved to production before found that issue.

If OPS team can specify the set of files it will be helpful to use so that we will replace those java script files either YUI calendar or JSCalender
Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro Vernet
Administrator
subrahmanyam wrote
 We are using ops 3.7 downloaded in 2008 facing the calendar 31 issue. As per some threads found that it is solved later in nightly builds. We could not take entire orbeon.war to solve that issue as our code moved to production before found that issue.

If OPS team can specify the set of files it will be helpful to use so that we will replace those java script files either YUI calendar or JSCalender
Indeed, this has been fixed since the build you are using. This was fixed in xforms.js, where most of the client-side code is. That file is in orbeon-resources-public.jar. But I wouldn't be surprised if the latests xforms.js also has some dependency on the server-side which prevents you from simply putting the xforms.js from a nightly build into your build. If you can't upgrade, you most likely will have to figure out exactly what the fix was, and re-apply just that change to your xforms.js.

Alex
Reply | Threaded
|

venkata subrahmanyam
This post was updated on .
As per the  http://cvs.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ops/orbeon/src/resources-packaged/ops/javascript/xforms.js 

Fix [ #311142 ]
The file modified is xforms.js, but even that file is changed or it's specified contents are changed it is not reflecting any more.

I could not find the cvs of Mon Sep 15 21:21:12 2008 UTC in repository to find the changes.
After some trial found that replacing xforms-min.js (latest) will solve the calendar 31 issue instead of xforms.js in our code.

But new issue arrized when I replace entire file. The java script is giving
Line: no 106
Char: 65319
Error : 'cfg' is null or not an object

Please Suggest what are the files to be changed along with xforms.js of revision 1.276

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Revision 1.276 / (download) / (as text) - annotate - [select for diffs] , Mon Sep 15 21:21:12 2008 UTC (11 months, 3 weeks ago) by avernet
Branch: MAIN
CVS Tags: TAG_OPS_3_7_0beta1_200809152313
Changes since 1.275: +22 -22 lines
Diff to previous 1.275
Fix [ #311142 ] Date on the 31st sometimes displayed as the 1st of the month

Reply | Threaded
|

Alessandro Vernet
Administrator
subrahmanyam wrote
The file modified is xforms.js, but even that file is changed or it's specified contents are changed it is not reflecting any more.

I could not find the cvs of Mon Sep 15 21:21:12 2008 UTC in repository to find the changes.
After some trial found that replacing xforms-min.js (latest) will solve the calendar 31 issue instead of xforms.js in our code.

But new issue arrized when I replace entire file. The java script is giving
Line: no 106
Char: 65319
Error : 'cfg' is null or not an object
I recommend that when you do this change, you add the following properties in your properties-local.xml (see below). Otherwise the line/column number won't make much sense. Once you have this in, you should be able to change the non-minimized versions of those files which should be much easier :).

<property as="xs:boolean" name="oxf.xforms.minimal-resources" value="false"/>
    <property as="xs:boolean" name="oxf.xforms.combine-resources" value="false"/>

Alex
Reply | Threaded
|

Re: Calendar Issues Solved

venkata subrahmanyam
Hi Alex,
I have modified xforms.js (6 places chaning the day & month order)
As per the  http://cvs.forge.objectweb.org/cgi-bin/viewcvs.cgi/ops/orbeon/src/resources-packaged/ops/javascript/xforms.js 

Fix [ #311142 ]

and also changed properties as

<property as="xs:boolean" name="oxf.xforms.minimal-resources" value="false"/>
    <property as="xs:boolean" name="oxf.xforms.combine-resources" value="false"/>

Now it is working fine.
Thanks Alex.